Many of us will be gathering with family and friends during the upcoming holidays. With many respiratory diseases spreading right now, including flu, RSV, and COVID-19, it is important to take steps to help everyone celebrate safer!
Here are some things you can do:
- Make sure you and your family are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines and have received your annual flu vaccine. You can get both vaccines at the same visit.
- Find COVID-19 and flu vaccine locations near you at Vaccines.gov. Many locations, such as pharmacies, may have both vaccines, so you can ask about getting both shots at the same time.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick. No one wants to miss out on the celebration, but it is important to stay home so others do not get sick.
- Wash your hands often.
- Check the CDC COVID-19 community level by county before you go so you can follow appropriate public health recommendations, such as when to wear a mask. You can also wear a mask at any time, no matter what the community level is.
- Consider COVID-19 testing before gathering, particularly if there will be people there who are at higher risk for severe disease.