Good things come in threes and Rokia Traoré’s appearance at The Cedar Cultural Center on November 25th will be her third gig at their venue, as if following a timetable every four years. This time will be no exception as she arrives with a new album, Beautiful Africa (2013), which further expands on her already eclectic repertoire.
As in the past her new album includes her languages of Bambara and French with a smattering of English. Her past concerts have been likewise delivered. She brings her homeland, Mali, to her audience, but tempered with a world-view, an objective view, as well as an intimate and loving view of one who dearly loves her country, but no longer resides there.
Ms. Traoré will work her musical magic on a Monday, setting the tone for the rest of the week. If you go, you’ll still find yourself feeling grateful for the experience come Thanksgiving later that week. If you don’t, you might have to wait until 2017 if she sticks with her current pattern of touring to Minnesota and that would be a shame.
- Monday, November 25, 2013 – 7:30pm
- Doors Open: 7:00pm
- Advance: $30.00
- Day of show: $35.00
- Standing show (open dance floor)
- At The Cedar
Ticket options and info
On sale date: now
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketweb (typically $2–$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page)
The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door.
About Susan Budig
Susan is based in Minneapolis and reports on general assignments for Mshale with a focus on entertainment. In addition to reporting, she is also a writer, poet, teacher and coach.
- Web |
- More Posts(46)