And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!” – Revelation 14:13
With sadness, but with total submission to the will of God, we announce the passing unto glory of Chief Samuel Akpan Inyang.
Chief Inyang passed away suddenly on March 5th, 2012 following a brief illness.
Chief Samuel Akpan Inyang was born on November 24th, 1948 as the first son to Chief Johnny Inyang-Akpan and Madam Lydia Inyang-Akpan (Nee MaMa) at Ikot Ibiok-Eket, Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. Chief Samuel Akpan Inyang, leaves behind friends, children, grand-children, and several relatives to treasure his memories among which are:
1. Children through union of Late Madam Ann Abraham Eka:
Christopher Samuel Inyang (son)
Lydia Inyang (daughter)
2. Stepsons through union of his beloved wife, Madam Brightstar Harmon-Inyang:
Chief Inyang had a passion to help and support his community. He would never return to his village without large suitcases of needed medical supplies and/or clothing. Chief Inyang was also an active member of Akwa Ibom State Association of Nigeria, USA (AKISAN-TC).
He will be greatly be missed by his family, friends, and the Akwa Ibom community in Minnesota.
Funeral Service: Saturday, March 31st, 2012 at Brook’s Funeral Home – 862 Concordia Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55104 (click address for direction).
Time: 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Memorial Service: Sunday, April 1st, 2012 at Apostolic Church – 510 Prior Avenue St. Paul, MN 55104 (click address for direction).
Time: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Transportation of Dr. Inyang’s body to Nigeria will take place couple of days following the services.
A memorial fund account has been setup to help in offsetting the cost of funeral services and transportation of Chief Inyang to Nigeria. The account details are as follows:
1. Account Name: Samuel Akpan Inyang Memorial Fund
2. Account Number: 2606460562
3. Bank name: Wells Fargo
4. Bank Routing Number: 091000019
5. Bank Swift Number for Non-Wells Fargo Wire Transfers:
• 121000248 (Domestic)
• WFBIUS6S (International Wire Transfers)
6. Bank Location: 670 MCKNIGHT RD N, SAINT PAUL, MN 55119
7. Bank Phone: 651-205-5275
For more information or updates, please contact any of the following family members:
1. Madam Brightstar Harmon-Inyang – 612 961 7651
2. Mr. Nse Umana – 651 319 0656
3. Mr. Jim Akpan – 612 309 0962
4. Mr. Robert Inyang – 510 209 3883
5. Dr. Peter Odouk – 678-368-6482.
Great communities come together to assist one another in times of difficulty.
Given the huge financial burden due to funeral cost and impending transportation of Chief Inyang to Nigeria, every Akwa-Ibomite is encouraged to give generously to help meet the estimated expenses of $10, 000. Let’s come together to help give Dr. Inyang a befitting burial.
You can contribute to Chief Inyang’s Memorial Fund using any of the following options:
1. Account to account transfer (see account info above)
2. Make a deposit to the account at a Wellsfargo branch
3. Wire transfer your contribution to the Wellsfargo account
4. Mail your contribution to:
AKWA IBOM STATE ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA, USA – TWIN CITIES CHAPTER, MINNESOTA.
Care of: Dr. Stella Ekong, 3419 124th Circle NE, Blaine MN, 55449
Akwa Ibom State Association of Nigeria, Twin-Cities Chapter, USA
is a 501c Certified Non-Profit Organization
PRESIDENT: Dr. Stella Ekong VICE PRESIDENT: Mr. Ubong Usoro
FINANCIAL SECRETARY: Mrs. Nse Etuko
PUBLIC RELATIONS: Mr. Edem Umoh
SECRETARY: Mrs. Anietie Okon