The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board which provides guidance and exercises oversight to activities related to the Job Training programs in the counties of Dakota and Scott is seeking nominations for its Legislative and Employer Awards event to be held in December.
Nominations being sought are for individuals, programs, companies and organizations that improve workplaces in the two counties.
The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30.
To submit a nomination, call the Workforce Development Board at 651-554-5633 or email email@example.com.
Nominations are being accepted for the following :
- The Mark McAfee Friend of Workforce Award is given to an individual who has championed workforce issues at the local, state or federal level.
- The Business Champion Award recognizes an outstanding company that also uses CareerForce services such as the job fairs, job postings or working with counselors.
- The Bob Killeen Award recognizes companies for their use of innovative or quality practices. Killeen was a former WDB member and advocate for quality efforts.
- The Willis E. Branning Excellence in Youth Employment Services Award recognizes an organization or program, an employer or an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to preparing young people ages 14-24. Two awards will be given — one for Dakota County and one for Scott County. Awards sponsors are the WDB and the Dakota Electric Association.
- The Bob Klas Sr. Entrepreneur Award recognizes a local entrepreneur success story. The inaugural award was presented to Bob Klas Sr. Criteria includes the entrepreneur’s success as evidenced by business growth, the individual’s leadership in the business or civic communities and the mentorship they provide to other entrepreneurs.
- Employer of the Year for People with Disabilities will be presented to an employer who has improved the lives of people with disabilities through employment.
Submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.